United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) has published the April 2023 issue of Tip of the Spear. This 40-page pub (PDF) has a number of interesting stories. The highlight of the issue is the award of the Medal of Honor to Paris Davis who was recognized for his bravery during the Vietnam War. Davis retired as a colonel; one of his last assignments was as commander of the 10th Special Forces Group at Fort Devens, Massachusetts.
Other articles include:
- The Danab Receives Military Equipment from the U.S.
- Dutch and U.S. Medical Teams and Flintlock 2023
- AFRICOM’s SOF Exercise in Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire
- U.S. Navy SEALs and Royal Thai Navy Train in Cobra Gold 2023
- Naval Commando Turns 100
- Special Boat Team 20 Receives Award
- Dissecting the Bull Frog – a NSW Tradition
- NSW and Women’s History Month
- Prince of Brunei Visits NSW Units
- Last MC-130H Combat Talon II to Boneyard
- Marine Raiders Celebrate 17 Years of Exceptional Service
- MARSOC and 2nd MLG Evaluate New CH-53K Helicopter
- Marine Raiders – What Winning Looks Like
- JSOU Conducts CVE Course
Tip of the Spear, April 2023, United State Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), PDF, 40 pages.
Photo: Members of Cote D’Ivoire practice movements prior to raid exercise in Volta, Ghana. Photo by U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Charles Brock, March 9, 2023.